Does Your Company Have An Employee Assistance Program?

Employee Assistance Program(commonly called EAP)

Dealing with an employee with a co-existing mental illness and a substance-use disorder problem is never easy. Does your company have an Employee Assistance Program(commonly called EAP)? You may want to use it to deal with employee personal issues of this kind.  Not only can the EAP help you as a manager to deal with your employees addiction and mental health issues, but also you can require or encourage your employee to seek help with an EAP Program.

Have You Ever Said This About An Employee? – “She/He is great at what they do and would achieve so much more if they would stop drinking/drugging and get some help.” Then it’s time to start an Employee Assistance Program for employees struggling with  co-existing mental illness and a substance-use disorder. Please fill out the contact form below for more information on developing an Employee Assistance Program in your workplace.

What is an EAP?
EAPs are offered as an employee benefit. The goal of the EAP is to resolve short-term problems and refer the program’s user for additional help for longer-term problems. EAPs offer counseling, referrals and resources for both managers and employees in areas such as work place relations, legal, financial, behavioral and substance abuse issues. Usually EAPs are offered to all staff, regardless if they have elected health coverage. Some health insurers offer EAPs as a compliment to behavioral healthcare benefits.

How EAP can help
An employee with a suspected drug abuse problem is likely missing work and having poor workplace performance. As a manager, the EAP can provide you with the tools needed to confront your employee and encourage him to seek help. If the employee accesses the EAP, the EAP can provide referrals to substance abuse counselors and rehab facilities. If the employee seeks help, this can lead to increased employee productivity and less absenteeism. If the employee must miss work to receive treatment, the EAP can prepare you and the employee on his transition back to work.

Mandatory Referrals
Some companies have a mandatory EAP referral policy. This requires employees in certain positions to utilize EAP services when a substance abuse problem is suspected. This is prevalent in industries such as transportation and healthcare where people can be in harm’s way due to the employee’s drug abuse. If your employee is under the influence of drugs in the workplace, or tests positive for an illegal substance, you can require him to seek EAP services before returning to work. As a manager, you can directly contact the EAP to initiate the referral.

EAP Program Components
Most EAPs have telephone, website and face-to-face components. The telephone component allows for a specified number of phone sessions with a trained counselor or representative to discuss your problem. The EAP website typically provides articles, tests, and videos on many different topics. You may be surprised at large amount of resources available to managers regarding workplace issues, including how to handle an employee with a drug/alcohol problem. You can also find information on how to maintain a drug-free workplace.

RECOVERY MEDIA PARTNERS (Addiction Recovery Resources):

Amethyst Recovery Center – Get to know Michael Demasi by calling (888)550-8306

The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration 

Sound Pillow Sleep System

SoberMap App – Access 12 Step Meets In Your Area

Sign Up Today For The Newsletter  – See Upcoming Guests, Past Guests, Addiction Recovery Resources, News, Music, Facebook Live, and Upcoming Recovery Music Events. You Can Also Join By Texting RIROPTIN to 22828.

Sign Up Now

Rockers In Recovery® 

By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: Rockers In Recovery® – Media, 9301 NE 2nd Ave, Miami Shores, FL, 33138 United States. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact.

We Are Not A Treatment Program or Advocacy Group – Since 2008 our sole purpose is to provide prevention and education awareness to anyone who suffers with drug addiction and alcoholism. We do this through our online media platforms using music, news, events, and festivals taking place within and not limited to the clean and sober community, and along with our CORPORATE and RECOVERY MEDIA PARTNERS.
Rockers In Recovery® (RIR) – Addiction Recovery Based News & Media; Offering Community Outreach Development, Digital Media Branding, Social Media Content Distribution, Live Music Events, Live Stream Productions, Music and Meet and Greet Event Production. Local, Regional, and National Branding and Advertising, and Social Media Content Developing. Sign Up Today For The Newsletter
DISCLAIMER – Our WebsiteNewsletterRadio ShowsPostsLivestream ProductionsSocial Media Platforms, and Press Releases are based on opinion. They are not meant to treat or diagnose any health or mental health issue of any kind. If you feel you need help for any health related issues please contact a physician or a mental health professional. If you have a medical Emergency Call 911 or go to your local hospital.
John Hollis,
Director of Business Development
Rockers In Recovery® Radio & Productions Inc.

Please Call  –  (800) 892-2603

Rockers In Recovery® – Privately Owned Media and Production Company. Rockers In Recovery® Trademark is Privately Owned, No use of trademark or copyright in anyform is allowed without the consent of John Hollis and Lori Sullivan.


DISCLAIMER – Our Website is based on opinion and is not meant to treat or diagnose any health or mental health issue of any kind. If you feel you need help for any health related issues please contact a physician or a mental health professional.